When it comes to buying jewellery the yellow metal gold remains the favourite among both men and women in India. So, it shouldn’t be a surprise when we say that India is one of the biggest consumers of gold in the world.
Gold is always an investment. Whenever you have an urgent requirement for some extra cash you can consider taking a loan against gold if you have it in the form of jewellery or coins. Gold loan interest rates because it is taken against collateral security. A gold loan gets approved quite easily compared to the other loans like a personal loan or an educational loan.
However, buying this metal in big quantities is not always easy because gold is quite expensive. A major portion of wedding expenses in India is purchasing gold jewellery. Hence, several Indian gold jewellers have come up with gold saving schemes. Such schemes allow you to plan and the burden of purchasing gold jewellery will be eased to a great extent when there is a requirement.
Indian Gold Jewellery Saving Scheme: How Does It Work?
A typical gold savings scheme works in the following ways.
- Deposit a certain amount of cash (fixed) ever month with the jeweller for a particular term
- On completion of the term, you can buy gold jewellery that is equivalent to the cash you’ve invested.
- The price of gold at the time of maturity is taken into consideration (Unless specified earlier)
- Most of the schemes provide a bonus amount which is usually an instalment for a month or two.
- For example, if you’ve paid instalments for 22 months the last two instalments could be paid by the jeweller as a bonus for the investor.
- Some jewellers offer an additional gift or two.
Gold Saving Schemes Offered By Major Jewellers In India.
Some of the major gold saving schemes by jewellers in India are the following:
Golden Harvest Scheme
- Pay 10 monthly instalments
- You get a discount of 55%-75% on the first instalment
- The minimum instalment amount is Rs. 2000
- The scheme ends in 421 days from date of commencement
Jos Alukkas Jewellery
- Online Scheme
- 12 monthly instalments
- Instalments of Rs.10,000, 5000, 2000 and 1000
- Purchase jewellery from any showrooms of Jos Alukkas or their website
Scheme Easy Buy Plan
- Investment tenure is 360 days
- You can invest between Rs.1000 and Rs. 1 Lakh every month
- Buy jewellery from Jos Alukkas stores/website 30 days after maturity
Malabar Gold and Diamonds
Scheme Smart Buy
- Order jewellery that is in or out of stock at Malabar gold
- Plan and make payments in advance
- You can choose only those jeweller pieces that do not require resizing
Golden Gain Plan
- Fixed instalment amount for 11 months
- Minimum monthly instalment is Rs.1000
- Buy gold jewellery excluding the making charges of up to 12%
Scheme Golden Eleven Flexi Plan
- Value-based or based on the weight of gold
- Slabs starting from Rs.500 for 11 months
Whether it is for a marriage or engagement or the birth of a child buying gold mostly in the form of jewellery is a must for us Indians. Gold investment schemes are truly beneficial especially if you have plans to save for a wedding or engagement ceremony. Considering there is a wide range of schemes you need to compare the major ones and decide on one that works well with your requirements.
Finaura is a gold jewellery discovery platform that helps you to find the best gold jewellery designs from the most trusted jewellers across India. If you have any queries please feel free to contact us. Call us on +91 484 2388285 or email us at email@example.com